Our training workshops are available on
The Empower Project is a National Lottery Community Funded initiative through the Reaching Out Supporting Families Programme.
The focus of the project is to support children under 12 with Autism, Dyslexia and Dyspraxia, their parents and the wider family circle to enhance confidence and learn together to develop skills to support their children.
The information line will be available for a minimum of 30 hours per week on 028 7930 1606. Callers can be sure of a listening ear and total confidentiality.
Who is it for?
The project targets 4 groups.
- Wider Family Circle.
- Children & Young People under 12.
- Wider Stakeholders to include health and educational professionals, schools, childcare providers and voluntary groups wishing to work with children with Autism, Dyslexia or Dyspraxia.
The project commenced September 2015.
The project’s vision is to:
- Deliver strategies and initiatives to support families who have encountered special educational needs.
- Build relationships and share best practice.
- Assist families to develop confidence, create opportunities to learn together and develop skills for success.
- As part of the project an information line has been created, where you can sign up to training sessions and be signposted to additional local support.
- A range of training and social opportunities will be available through the project, and will be promoted through the project website.